So, Kevin and I just passed the eight month mark. Somehow this seems impossibly short given all we’ve done together. Time really does fly when you are happy. Our eight months by the numbers:
- 7 Roadtrips: Iowa, Wisconsin (3 times), Indiana (2 times), Southern Minnesota
- 1 Vacation together: big trip to Italy
- 2 Families met: Knodls and Gerritsens
- 2 Breakfast joints where they know our names: Kay’s Diner and Good Day Cafe
- 10 Live performances: The Lab: Power Balladz , The Guthrie: When We are Married, Faith Healer, Benedicta Arts Center: Monroe Crossing, 500 Clown Macbeth, Body Vox, Judy Collins, Trial of the Cantonsville 9, Brianna Lane and the Navigator Club, and a Praire Home Companion
- 7 Visits to the Walker Arts Center, Minnesota Zoo, Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, Weisman Museum and Mill City Museum
- 2 Churches joined: the Basilica of St. Mary and the Church of St. Joseph
Less countable, but even more lovely to me are the times we’ve spent sharing meals, playing board games, and sharing sudoku or crossword puzzles. Whether we are going to movies or just spending time around our apartments, it’s good to be together. I also love that Kevin has almost finished reading Possible Side Effects by Augusten Burroughs aloud to me.
Minnesota winters can be brutal, and I confess I am looking forward to spring. We have much to celebrate this Easter when I will become a full member of the Catholic Church and our families meet. This summer we’ll celebrate Kevin’s grandmother’s 90th birthday. Plus, I can’t wait to be outside geocaching, hiking, and taking photos.