Baby Knodl is active- kicking and tickling and growing. She measured six pounds on Monday. Hopefully she knows by now that her daddy is the one who keeps tapping out the Fibonacci sequence on my belly. She has hiccups and is a little night owl.
Almost 35 weeks into this adventure, we probably have less than 5 weeks to go. My blood pressure has been up and my doctor is definitely watching out for preeclampsia. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that ed-bay est-ray is not in the stars. I’m at the doctor for weekly nonstress tests– a misnomer if I ever heard one! The little girl has passed with flying colors so we’re a-ok.
Although we originally planned on a drive to Milwaukee for Thanksgiving, we’ve been grounded.
So here’s what is happening in the meantime:
- Our friends Alicia and Amy hosted the most lovely couples shower and Kevin got to hear the wisdom of six dads in one room. My favorite advice: Don’t pretend you’re asleep when she has to feed the baby in the middle of the night.
- We met with our doula, Anne for three hours on Sunday. I even packed my “go bag.”
- Kevin is interspersing our current bedtime readaloud- Life of Pi with Hypnobabies scripts.
- I’m knitting like crazy- namely things that end in -ies: the Owlie Sleep Sack and Leg Warmies.
- We’ve been working on the nursery– slowly, but surely.
- Louisa snapped some cute photos of us to chronicle the belly.